World Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week, September 19-25, is a global initiative to inform and educate the public about Mitochondrial Disease and for PALS, Leigh syndrome specifically.
Will you please join forces with us over the next seven days to inform and educate your friends, family and colleagues about Leigh syndrome?
Ways you can help include:
- Like and follow PALS on Facebook (@PeopleAgainstLeighSyndrome) and Instagram (@PALSorg)
- Add a PALS frame to your Facebook profile photo by visiting https://twb.nz/palsawarenessweek2021
- Like and share PALS social media posts. This week we will be featuring educational materials, patient testimonials, and more. Personalize your shared posts by including your connection with PALS and using the hashtags #mitoawarenessweek and #learnaboutLeighsyndrome
- Make and encourage donations. In addition to funding projects through the UTHealth Mitochondrial Center of Excellence and the Leigh Syndrome International Consortium, PALS recently launched a RFP for independent research up to 25,000 USD. Donations can be made via a Facebook Fundraiser (in your post click "raise money" and search for People Against Leigh Syndrome under non-profit) or make a donation via our Web site at www.peopleagainstleighs.org/donate
- And last but not least, Save the Date for Green Out for PALS! Chaired by longtime supporters Meg and Phil Rife, our annual fundraiser is scheduled for Thursday, May 19, 2022 at Armadillo Palace. Hope to see y'all there!