The 2020 cycle of the UMDF Research Grant Program launched Monday, January 20, 2020.
Key features of the current cycle include:
A single award will be made in June 2020 in three categories: Postdoctoral Fellow (accelerators), Early Stage Investigator, Experienced Principal Investigator
Total funding of $250,000 USD with fixed budget amounts
• accelerators Prize – $50,000 USD for up to two years
• Early Stage Investigator Prize – $100,000 USD for up to two years
• Experienced Principal Investigator Prize – $100,000 USD for up to two years
• Applicants are invited to directly submit a Full Proposal on the online portal
NOTE: There will not be a Letter of Intent round
• Applicants have 6 weeks to respond to the RFP
Peer Review, the hallmark of UMDF’s Research Grant Program for the past twenty years, will remain a critical component of the selection process. The UMDF Scientific and Medical Advisory Board in conjunction with select external experts will assist the Foundation in making award selections.
The UMDF is also continuing a new tradition started last year with the accelerators program, developed to involve the UMDF donor community in selecting the final Postdoctoral Fellowship award.
As in previous cycles, all proposals should be created and submitted via the online portal.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions, and good luck!